Are you looking for a credit card with which you can not only shop wherever or whenever you want, but also should have the best and exciting privileges? Then, Standard Chartered Bank is here to offer you best credit card i.e Platinum rewards Card. The card comes with the following attractions.
- Cashback on Restaurant Spends
- Renewal Fee Waiver
- And much more
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card Offers February 2023
- 100% back on restaurant spends
- Available in the first 90 days
- The maximum cashback, subject to INR 500
- 5X rewards on dining
- 5X rewards on fuel purchases
- And one point on other categories
Note – The minimum spend should be INR 150 for earning reward points.
- 15% discount at 850 participating restaurants in India
- And if you book Inox movie tickets with this credit card will get you 25% off
Note – The above fees will also charged with a 18% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card Eligibility Criteria
- Age – Between 21 and 65 years
- Income – INR 20,000 per month
- Resident – Should belong to credit cards sourcing cities
You require the following documents to apply for standard chartered credit card
- You need to submit Passport, PAN Card, Govt. ID, Voter Card as identity proof
- Applicants have to submit Passport, Driving license, Phone bill, Electricity or other Rental agreement as address proof
- You have to submit 1 recent passport-sized photograph
- If you are salaried customer you have to submit latest 1 month salary slip
- Customers who are self employed businessman and self employed professional need to submit latest IT returns as well as last business continuity proof
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card Limit
Standard Chartered Bank, based on your income and credit history, would decide on the credit limit it can extend you. Needless to say, a healthy income and a good score help you grab greater limits and vice-versa. A healthy income reposes confidence about your repayment potential. On the other hand, a good credit history is a proof of your ability to service the debt well.
Even if the limit is more, taking your eyes off from disciplined spending would do more harm than good. The bills, when spiral out of control, could force defaults and impair your credit health adversely. Yes, there’s an option to pay the minimum due, which accounts for about 5% of the total dues, to prevent defaults. But continuing with the minimum due payment pattern would only mount the debt month-on-month.
With subsequent purchases, even the minimum due can rise and go out of your reach over time. So, chalk out your spending strategy by keeping the necessary ones in the list and removing those which are not your need at all. This would keep the bills affordable and allow you to pay them in full.
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card Fees
|Category||Fee (In INR)|
|Renewal Fee||250 from 2nd year onwards|
|Late Payment Fee||100|
|Surcharge||- 25 on railway transaction|
- 10 on petrol transaction
(Note - Vary based on the acquiring bank)
|Over limit Fee||500|
|Rewards Handling Fee||99|
|Cash Advance||Minimum 300|
Note – Annual fee waive if you spend INR 60,00 in the previous year.
How to Apply for Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card?
You can apply for the card at Wishfin, a neutral online marketplace for credit cards and several other financial products. All you need to do is to visit the ‘Credit Card’ section and fill the relevant personal and professional details before submitting your application. You would receive a call from Wishfin executives who will further forward your application to Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will check the details thoroughly before giving an approval.
You can visit the website of Standard Chartered Bank to apply for the Platinum Rewards Card. The website application features the following steps –
- Choose ‘Credit Cards’ from ‘Our Products’ tab
- Click on Platinum Rewards Card
- Press on ‘Apply Now’ shown under the card
- Provide your personal details such as date of birth, the city where you live in, e-mail and mobile number
- Also enter employment details by stating the source of income and the gross fixed income on a monthly basis
- Tick the checkbox stating your confirmation of authorizing Standard Chartered Bank to contact you
- Lastly, click on ‘Proceed’
- Your application will be processed online
You can apply at the bank branch by asking for a credit card application form. Mention the Platinum Rewards Card that you want to apply for besides detailing on personal and employment related information. Submit the relevant documents along with the application form to the concerned branch official to process your application.
How Can You Check Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card Application Status?
Checking the status after making an application is easy as you just need to visit the website of Standard Chartered Bank and navigate to ‘Track Your Online Application Status’. There, you need to enter your application reference number and mobile number before clicking on ‘Submit’ button’. So, whatever the stage your credit card application be, you would get to know it online. You could find the reasons for rejection, if it happens. If you can do what would lead to an approval, do so and apply again.
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card Bill Payment Online
You can pay the bills of the card using internet banking, mobile banking, or by depositing the cash at the nearest bank branch. With net banking and mobile banking, you need to login to your online account and add the card by mentioning the details. So, whenever the bill generates, you would receive an SMS for the total dues, minimum due and the due date of payment. Keep the amount needed in your bank account to pay the bills online or before the due date.
Note – INR 299 will be charged from you when you pay the credit card bill at the bank branch with cash deposit.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Customer Care Number
Dial the 24×7 customer care number – 18003451000,18003455000, 011-39404444 or 011-66014444 for people residing in Noida and Gurgaon for any queries you may have with regards to Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card. Being clear about the card would only let you use it better to make the most out of the same. So, don’t hesitate, call the customer care executives to resolve your card queries fast.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Statement
Check your statement regularly to see how far the limit have been utilized, rewards earned, interest & taxes, if charged, to get a track of what’s going on. You could come across total dues and minimum due on the statement. Now, you can be tempted to pay the minimum due and revolve the credit availing the option. The reason attributable to it is the minimum due constituting just 5% of the total dues, which would seem affordable to you but it isn’t if the pattern is allowed to continue. With minimum due payment month-on-month, the debt would mount higher as the time goes on and traps you under the debt burden that you could find it hard to come out of.