Many people apply for a credit card to enjoy cashback and discounts on their purchases. On the other hand, some people use it to enjoy a good credit limit. So, if you are looking for both the features in one card then you must explore the features of the Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card. This SC Smart credit card has cashback benefits that can save some bucks on online and offline purchasing. You can also convert the transactions into EMI for convenient shopping. This card also gives you an interest-free period for up to 90 days and it is available at a fee of just INR 499 + taxes. There is also a welcome gift available on this card. So, let’s move on to the features and benefits of the Smart Credit Card.
Quotes from 11 banks | Best Offers and Rewards
Features and Benefits of Smart Credit Card
You must explore all the benefits of this credit card and then apply for it easily.
- Enjoy a cashback of 2% on all online purchases through this SC smart credit card.
- Get a cashback of 1% on all offline purchases through this credit card.
- INR 1000 is the maximum cashback capped per month on online transactions.
- INR 500 is the maximum cashback capped per month on offline transactions.
- You will not earn any cashback on the fuel transactions.
- Convert the transactions of INR 2000 and above into EMIs through this Standard Chartered Credit Card.
- EMIs are available at an interest rate of just 0.99% per month.
- No processing fee is chargeable on the EMI transactions.
Interest Free Period
- Enjoy an interest-free period of 90 on this SC Smart credit card.
- You will have to pay the minimum amount every month to enjoy the interest-free period.
Savings from Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card
In the table given below, you can explore the savings you can make from this credit card.
|Online Transactions||2% Cashback||Offline Transactions||1% Cashback|
|Bill Payments - INR 10000||INR 200||Electrical Appliances - INR 20000||INR 200|
|Online Groceries - INR 15000||INR 300||Dining - INR 10000||INR 100|
|Food Ordering - INR 8000||INR 160||Movies and Entertainment - 5000||INR 50|
|Online Shopping - 7000||INR 140||Offline Shopping - INR 10000||INR 100|
|Hotels and Flight Bookings - INR 10000||INR 200||Other Expenditures - 5000||INR 50|
|Total Savings||INR 1000||Total Savings||INR 500|
You can save up to INR 1500 per month from this credit card and it means that you can save INR 18000 annually.
Standard Chartered Bank Smart Credit Card Fee, Charges, Documents, and Eligibility
Now you must explore the fees of the SC Smart Credit Card and the documents you will need to apply for it. On the other hand, you will have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria before you apply for this credit card.
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fee||NIL (For First Year)|
|Renewal Fee||INR 499 + Applicable Taxes|
|Interest-Free Period||90 Days|
|Spend INR 1.2 Lacs in a Year||Renewal Fee - NIL|
|Minimum Transaction for EMI Conversion||INR 2000|
|Interest Rate on EMI Transactions||0.99% per month|
|Processing Fee on EMI Transactions||NIL|
- Identity Proof – Passport, PAN Card, Voter Id Card, Govt ID, etc (Any One)
- Address Proof – Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving License, Election/Voter’s ID Card, Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government, The letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name, address. (Any One)
- 1 recent passport-sized Photograph
- Latest one-month salary slip of the individual
- Self Employed Businessman needs Latest IT Returns with computation of income /Certified Financials, Last Business Continuity proof.
- Self Employed Professionals need the Latest IT Returns Business Continuity proof.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 18 years.
- The maximum age of the applicant must not be more than 65 years.
- You must have an income of INR 25,000 or above per month in order to apply for this credit card.
- The Cibil of the individual should be at least 750 or above.
- The applicant must be from the locations where the Standard Chartered Credit Cards are issued.
Smart Credit Card Expenditure Limit
The credit limit of the StandC Smart Credit Card depends on your income Cibil Score. If you have a high Cibil Score and a good income then you will hopefully get a high credit limit on this credit card. You can explore more about the limit by making the Standard Chartered Credit Card login.
Apply For SC Smart Credit Card
You can apply for Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card online through the official website of the bank. On the other hand, you can fill the form above and the bank’s representative will call you and discuss more about the credit card.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is the minimum income needed for this credit card?
You will need a minimum monthly income of INR 25,000 or above in order to apply for this credit card.
2. Will I have to pay a different fee if I am an SCB employee?
No, the fee for all the applicants is the same that is INR 499 + Applicable Taxes.
3. What is the maximum cashback I can earn in a year?
If you make efficient use of the Smart credit card then you can earn a maximum cashback of INR 1000 on online transactions and INR 500 on offline transactions. So, it means you can earn INR 12000 as cashback yearly on online transactions and INR 6000 on offline transactions.
4. Are there any minimum transaction criteria to earn the cashback?
No, there are no minimum transaction criteria to earn the cashback whether you are earning it on offline transactions or online transactions.
5. Will I earn cashback on Fuel Transactions?
No, you will not earn any cashbacks on the fuel transactions.