Best Credit Cards India 20192024 views
- Looking to shop but don't know which cards are best this festive season?
- Take your pick from most economical cards like SimplySAVE SBI Card, SimplyCLICK SBI Card, HDFC Freedom Card, and much more
With Diwali just a few days away, you must be busy making arrangements to make it memorable. Not only you spend on pooja rituals, but also like to gift your family members mobile phones, clothes, accessories, etc.
With the festive mood around, it’s quite a possibility to overspend only to regret later on. However, with credit cards, you can save on spends and enjoy the festival of lights at the same time.
The tipping point of credit cards is a flurry of discounts and rewards that can add substantially to your savings. Here’s a refined list of cards that can double your joy this Diwali and festivals that follow.
Table of Contents
Best Credit Cards for this Festive Season 2019
SimplyCLICK SBI Card
One of the best shopping cards available these days, SimplyCLICK SBI Card could be an exciting festive prospect for you with the following offers.
- Amazon.in gift card worth ₹500 on joining
- 5X rewards on online spends
- 10X rewards on online spends at exclusive partners – Amazon/Zoomcar/Lenskart/ Foodpanda/UrbanClap/Cleartrip
- E-vouchers worth 2,000 on achieving an annual spend of ₹1 lakh and ₹2 lakh each
- Annual fee of ₹499 gets reversed on spending ₹1 lakh a year
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions worth ₹500-3,000, exclusive of GST and other charges
Why SimplyCLICK SBI Card for Festivities?
The reason for picking this card can be elucidated through the following points.
Accelerated Rewards – 5X and 10X rewards to accumulate a lot of points on your spends, giving you more to redeem later on. With more spends that often is the case with the festive season, the reward points would accumulate at a faster pace, helping you redeem more.
Exclusive Partners – As rewards are offered on brands such as Amazon, one of the most sought-after options for festive shopping on products such as mobile phones and other accessories, chances of rewards getting accumulated are more.
Even reward offers on spends at brands like UrbanClap, which ranks among the best professional service providers in the areas of home repair & renovation, furniture and woodwork, besides others, make it a true festive card. You would want your home to be repaired and renovated, especially when festivals are on, won’t you?
E-vouchers & Annual Fee Reversal – The card adds more to your festive glitter with e-vouchers worth ₹2,000 on spends of 1 lakh and 2 lakh. As spends are likely to be more in the festive season, grabbing e-vouchers become easier. A significant part of the annual spend can be achieved in the 3-4 month festive saga itself. With the accomplishment of ₹1 lakh yearly spend target, the annual fee of ₹499 gets reversed. The annual spend can be easily achieved by spending an average of little above ₹8,000 per month.
Annual Fee – ₹499
Renewal Fee – ₹499
SimplySAVE SBI Card
Arguably the most popular SBI cards of late, the card can add to your delight with the following offers.
- 10X reward points for every ₹100 spent on grocery, departmental store, movies and dining spends
- All other spends to earn you 1 reward point for every ₹100 spent
- Earn 2,000 bonus reward points on spending ₹2,000 or more in the first 60 days
- A spend of ₹1 lakh or more to reverse your annual membership fee from the second year
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver on refilling your vehicle with transactions of ₹500-3,000 at petrol pumps in India
Why SimplySAVE SBI Card for Festivities?
The reason for picking this card for festivities is explained through the points below, take a look.
Accelerated Rewards @10X – The 10X rewards on departmental stores and grocery spends, in particular, give you more reasons to go with this card and make most of the time ahead. The rewards would most likely accelerate much faster and give you more points to redeem and save.
2,000 Bonus Reward Points on Offer – What also adds to the delight is the accumulation of 2,000 bonus reward points on achieving a spend of ₹2,000 or more in the first 60 days. The milestone spend to get those bonus reward points is tenable, to say the least.
Annual Membership Fee Reversal – Spending one lakh a year on a feature-rich card is not only achievable but also rewarding with a reversal of annual membership fee.
Annual Fee – ₹499
Renewal Fee – ₹499
SBI STYLEUP Contactless Card
One more SBI card that can double your joy this festive season is SBI STYLEUP Contactless Card with its range of exciting offers.
- An FBB gift voucher worth ₹500 on joining
- 10X rewards on spends made at Big Bazaar, Standalone FBB and Food Bazaar outlets, as well as dining
- A flat discount of 10% on fashion apparel, accessories, footwear, school bags and backpacks at Big Bazaar and FBB outlets
- An anniversary gift of 2,000 bonus reward points
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on your vehicle refill with a transaction of ₹500-3,000
Why SBI STYLEUP Contactless Card for Festivities?
SBI STYLEUP Contactless Card can be your true festive ally owing to the following benefits.
Discount Offers – The flat discount of 10% on fashion apparel, accessories and footwear, the stuff which most spend on during the festive season, is the most propelling factor to go for the card.
Accelerated Rewards – The spends made at Big Bazaar and FBB outlets are likely to speed up your reward earning at the rate of 10X, helping you accumulate more to redeem more to shop later on.
Gift Voucher – FBB gift voucher of ₹500 on joining only makes it more appealing.
Annual Fee – ₹499
Renewal Fee – ₹499
HDFC Freedom Card
The name says it all. Yes, you sense freedom in every bit of this card. Check out how this card enables freedom through a variety of shopping offers.
- 5X reward points on dining/groceries/movies/taxis/railways
- 10X points on SmartBUY and PayZapp spends
- 25X reward points on birthdays
- A gift voucher of ₹1,000 on spending ₹90,000 and more in a year
Why HDFC Freedom Card for Festivities?
The card has in the stuff which you would like to have to make most of the festive celebrations.
Accelerated Rewards – 5X rewards, particularly on the grocery spends, make it quite an offer to grab. The demand for groceries can be much more during the festivities, and with accelerated rewards on offer, it only makes sense to apply for HDFC Freedom Card.
SmartBUY Offer – The offer is applicable to spends catering to different categories – grocery, dining, bill payment and so on. By virtue of SmartBUY, you add to the discounts and cashback on your spends. Also, given the massive spends that happen during the festivities, SmartBUY with discounts and 10X rewards is an absolute head turner.
Gift Voucher – The offer, which is up for grabs with an annual spend of ₹90,000, can also be one of the reasons to go for the card. An average monthly spend of ₹7,000 and above can make it a reality.
Annual Fee – ₹500
Renewal Fee – ₹500
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
One of the best cashback cards in the town, HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card aims to serve your festive purpose through the following offers.
- 2 reward points on every ₹150 spent on the card
- 2X reward points on online spends
- Reward points can be redeemed as cashback, with 100 reward points equaling ₹20
- A quarterly spend of ₹50,000 to give you an e-voucher worth ₹500
- Zero lost card liability after reporting the incident of card loss
Why HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card for Festivities?
The following points only add to the clamour for this card.
Accelerated Rewards on Online Spends – Many of you would be busy purchasing your festive requirements online. And, as the card offers 2X rewards on online spends, you can accumulate rewards at a good pace and redeem them later on. Plus, the rewards being redeemable as cashback at the rate of ₹20 per 100 reward points only make it an exciting card in your hand.
E-voucher on Achieving Milestone Spends – Festive season, which is going to be there for 3-4 months, could well help you achieve a milestone spend of ₹50,000 in a quarter and grab an e-voucher worth ₹500.
Zero Lost Card Liability – Just in case the card gets stolen or lost and fraudulent transactions take place, the zero lost card liability feature helps indemnify the cardholders from the losses caused to them in such an eventuality. You just need to dial the customer care executive or the concerned branch officials and get the matter reported immediately after the card is lost.
Annual Fee – ₹1,000
Renewal Fee – ₹1,000
The Everyday Spend American Express Gold Credit Card
This American Express Credit Card with exciting shopping offers up sleeve could well be an option you could think of.
- 5X and 10X membership reward points to be earned while shopping at select merchants on groceries, online shopping, movies and cabs
- A spend of ₹10,000 in the first 90 days of the card membership to earn you a cashback worth ₹500
- Eligible spends of ₹39,999 in the previous year to waive off the renewal fee for the next year
Why The Everyday Spend American Express Gold Credit Card for Festivities?
The following pointers suggest why this card can lift your festive mood.
Accelerated Rewards – The rewards earning rate of 5X and 10X on purchases of groceries, online shopping, and other avenues boosts the confidence of shoppers. Further, online shopping and grocery purchase form a significant chunk of the spends made during the festive season. With rewards on these spends likely to multiply @5X and 10X rate, a lot of points would be accumulated for you to redeem later on.
Cashback Truly in Sight – With a spend of ₹10,000 in the first 90 days of the card membership, you would be entitled to a cashback of ₹500. The cashback offer is right up there for grabs with the spending requirement to get so is truly achievable in a festive season.
Renewal Fee Waiver – Spending ₹39,999 in a year is quite possible year-on-year. Doing this will only help waive off the renewal fee on a yearly basis, adding to your overall savings.
Annual Fee – ₹495 + Applicable Taxes
Renewal Fee – ₹495 + Applicable Taxes