- Detailed Comparison of the SBI Elite and Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card.
- Decide which card is better after exploring all the offers and benefits of the credit cards.
- Compare the fees and other charges of the cards to have perfect evaluation.
Credit Cards are very helpful at the end of every month when all the salary gets exhausted and the only option left is the credit card. On the other hand, some people use a credit card for enjoying various types of discounts and offers. But nowadays some of the credit card users are in the dilemma to choose a card between SBI Elite vs Amex Platinum Reserve. Both the cards have almost the same fees but their offers and features are quite different. So, here you can figure out all the major differences between these two cards. Then it will become easier for you to make a perfect choice.
Comparison of SBI Elite Credit Card and Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card
Both the credit cards are unique in their own way. It would be really difficult to choose only one card but once you go through the comparisons then you can point out the major differences.
|Offers and Features||SBI Elite Credit Card||Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card|
|Welcome Offer||Earn an E-Voucher worth ₹5000 as a welcome gift that can be used on Yatra, Hush Puppies, Bata, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, and Shoppers Stop.||After the full payment of the joining fees, enjoy 11000 bonus membership reward points as the welcome gift.|
|Movie Benefits||- Enjoy Free Movie Tickets of up to ₹6000 in a year.|
- Get a Maximum discount of ₹250 per ticket with a maximum booking of 2 tickets in a month.
|- Get a Movie e-voucher and shopping vouchers of ₹6000 every year.|
- You can redeem the vouchers on the BookMyShow Application or website.
|Reward Point Offers||- Reach the Transaction Limit of ₹3 and ₹4 Lacs and earn 10000 reward points at each milestone.|
- Earn additional 15000 reward points on achieving the milestone of ₹5 Lacs and ₹8 Lacs.
- Enjoy 5X Reward Points at the dining, grocery, and departmental store expenditure.
- Earn 2 Reward Points per ₹100 on every other transaction.
- On every expense of ₹100 at Vistara Flights, earn 9 Club Vistara Points.
|- Earn 1 Membership Reward Points on spending every ₹50 excluding fuel, insurance, and utility transactions.|
- Redeem the points through booking flights, dining, and buying other accessories.
- Use the reward points for paying the bill of your Amex Credit Card.
|Airport Lounge Access||- Get a Free Priority pass worth $99.|
- Enjoy 6 Complimentary visits to the Airport Lounges outside India in a year.
- Get 2 Free Access to the Domestic Airport Lounges per calendar quarter.
- Get 1 Complimentary Lounge Access and 1 Upgrade Voucher under club Vistara membership.
|- Get a Free Priority Pass worth $99 with this credit card.|
- Enjoy Free Domestic Airport Lounge Visits through the Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card in Mumbai and Delhi.
|Lifestyle Benefits||- Enjoy 4 Free Golf Access at the top Golf Courses with 1 Fre Golf Lesson across India.|
- Get 24X7 Concierge Service through SBI Elite Credit Card.
|- Enjoy Free Access to the Golf Courses through this credit card.|
- Get a Discount of 20% at the selected restaurants on dining.
- Enjoy 24X7 Assistance related to the credit card.
|Hotel Benefits||- Get Free Trident Privilege Red Tier membership.|
- Get 1500 Reward Points at the first visit to the Trident Hotel and ₹1000 Hotel Credit if you extend the stay.
|Have fun with the privileges provided on the Amex Card at Taj Hotels, Palaces, Resorts, Safaris, and preferred hotels.|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||Get a Fuel Surcharge waiver of 1% at all the refilling stations.||Pay 0% convenience fee at the HPCL stations.|
|Contact less Payment||Initiate the transactions with touch without an OTP or a PIN.||Initiate the transactions with touch without an OTP or a PIN.|
Difference Between Fee and Charges of SBI Elite and Amex Platinum Reserve Cards
Only offers are not enough to make a choice between two premium credit cards. Therefore, you must have a look at the annual and joining fees of the SBI Elite Credit Card and Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card. There are some other charges as well that are included in the cards.
|Fees and Charges||SBI Elite Card||Amex Platinum Reserve Card|
|Joining Fees||₹4999 + Applicable Taxes||₹5000 + Applicable Taxes|
|Renewal Fees||₹4999 + Applicable Taxes||₹10000 + Applicable Taxes|
|Waiving Off Criteria||Spend ₹8 Lacs to waive off the fees||No Criteria|
|Add-on Card Fees||NIL||Free up to 4 Cards and then ₹1500|
|Cash Withdrawal Limit||80% of the Credit Limit with a maximum of ₹15000 in a day.||20% of the Credit Limit with a Maximum of ₹25000 in 14 days.|
|Cash Advance Fees||2.5% with a minimum of ₹500||3.5% with a minimum of ₹250|
You have a thorough comparison of the SBI Elite vs Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card and now it would be not so difficult for you to make a one-sided decision. First of all, you should calculate your monthly expenses and then match it with the offers of the credit cards. This analysis will help you to speculate your savings and thus it becomes easier for you to choose only one credit card.